Wednesday, December 10, 2014

House Ad

This was the first assignment we got for the semester. I honestly did my research on this one and at first I wanted to do something based on what I learned in Art History II class about spirit houses but after going through three drafts I gave up on this idea. So I grabbed a few House magazines from the library's discard piles and sketched out a general idea.



The theme is a red gold luxury dome houses. The logo for the realtors is in the bottom right hand side, the design is a combination of three sketches. Honestly it looked completely different in my mind when I combined the sketches but in the end I wanted something simple and visually memorable. The text layout uses two colors (a cranberry red and black) with two font typefaces each in various sizes. The images in the ad are from two of the House magazines I used in my research, I scanned the images and edited them in Photoshop so they would have the same overall color scheme and atmosphere. The side images have sharp edges because I thought it visually balanced with the main image of the dome's sharp edges. My wording is a bit off in the text because I'm not very good at writing stuff out to convince people to buy something.

In the end I really enjoye working on this assignment even if I made a giant mess while working on it. I enjoy staring at this fake ad because the rich reds and warm golds light a fire in my soul ^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment